Bike4Life Atlas Mountains: Itinerary
Saturday, 25th December 2010
Day 1: London - Casablanca - Marrakech
- London Heathrow to Mohamed V Airport and transfer to the city of Marrakech.
- Overnight at 3* hotel in Marrakech.
Sunday, 26th December 2010
Day 2: Marrakech - Ghessat - Toundout
- Early land transfer by the famous Tishka pass. Here we will have our bike fitting ready for the adventure ahead. We gently start our biking adventure beyond the village of Ghessat and ride east towards Toundout, overnight at camp.
- Transfer by road: 210km / Ride distance: 20 mi (32km) / Uneven↑ 820 ft (250m), Uneven↓ 320 ft (100m)
Monday, 27th December 2010
Day 3: Toundout – Ait Youb
- Towards east, we bike up a small valley before a short climb to the Ait Zaghar Plateau where nomads spend winter time and graze their herds till late May. We reach Ait Toumert and the first villages, overnight in at camp near Ait Youb.
- Ride distance: 28 mi (45km) / Uneven↑: 1800 ft (550m), Uneven↓: 650 ft (200m)
Tuesday, 28th December 2010
Day 4: Ait Youb - Boutghrar
- A short ride to reach the impressive n’Qati Gorges. Crossing the river bed many times (if not too much water) we get out of the canyons to discover an amazing green valley with Berber villages with a very authentic Kasbah architecture. After Boutaghrar, a last plateau separates us from the Dades Valley where we spend the night at camp.
- Ride distance: 21 mi (35km) / Uneven↑: 1150 ft (350m), Uneven↓: 1280 ft (450m)
Wednesday, 29th December 2010
Day 5: Dades - Elmerss
- We cross the Taalit pass to enjoy the superb view on the colourful valley. After Khemiss n’Dades, we bike along the left bank of the Dades Valley, this region is known for its famous odorant rose. Making our way in between fields and Kasbahs we reach the foothills of the Djebel Saghro, overnight at camp.
- Ride distance: 25 mi (50km) / Uneven↑: 1320 ft (400m), Uneven↓: 1050 ft (320m)
Thursday, 30th December 2010
Day 6: Elmerss - Ighazzoun
- A tough morning climb to join the Tagmout Pass and enjoy the superb view on the Atlas Range stretching back north. A superb day biking a cross the Djebel Saghro, winding through canyons punctuated by typical hamlets in the heart of the Ait Atta Tribe territory, Overnight at camp near the village of Ighazzoun.
- Ride distance: 31 mi (45km) / Uneven↑: 1130 ft (650m), Uneven↓: 1670 ft (900m)
Friday, 31st December 2010
Day 7: Ighazzoun - Bab n'Ali
- An intense morning bike on a single-track to link some of the most beautiful parts of the Djebel Saghro. Overnight at Bab n'Ali "Ali’s Gates".
- Ride distance: 28 mi (45km) / Uneven↑: 650 ft (650m), Uneven↓: 1310 ft (450m)
Saturday, 1st January 2011
Day 8: Bab n'Ali - Nkob - Marrakech
- A last wheel tour to explore the oases of the Afourar Valley and oases before getting to the town of Nkob where our bike challenge ends. Ground transfer by the magnificent Draa Valley till the city of Agdez, After Ouarzazate we cross the Tichaka Pass. Overnight at 3* hotel half board basis.
- Ride distance: 15 mi (25km) / Uneven↑: 650 ft (200m), Uneven↓: 1310 ft (400m) / Transfer by road: 211 mi (340km)
Sunday, 2nd January 2011
Day 9: Marrakech
- A free day to explore the medina’s souks and palaces.
- Farewell Dinner in a traditional restaurant near the Jemaa Lafna Square
- Overnight at hotel.
Monday, 3rd January 2011
Day 10: Marrakech – Casablanca Airport